I love making homemade anything instead of buying store brand if I can. Most recently I tried a new granola recipe that is delicious! It’s adapted from the cookbook Baked and is very easy to make. A perfect topping to yogurt – the perfect healthy snack!
Easy Homemade Granola
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3 Tablespoon, plus 1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole almonds (I used sliced almonds)
1/3 whole hazelnuts
1/3 cup golden raisins (I used regular raisins)
1/3 dried cherries (the cherries add a nice tartness, but any dried fruit would work)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I sprayed the pan with cooking spray instead).
2. In a large bowl, toss the oats with the cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until completely combined.
4. Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture and use your hands to combine them (I used a wooden spoon): Gather up some of the mixture in each hand, and make a fist. Repeat until all of the oats are coated with the honey mixture.
5. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread it out evenly, but leave a few clumps here and there for texture.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola. Sprinkle the almonds over the granola and return the baking sheet to the oven.
7. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola. Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the granola and return the baking sheet to the oven.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Let cool completely. Sprinkle the raisins and cherries over the granola and use your hands to transfer it to an airtight container. The granola will keep for 1 week.