Today is definitely more a day for hibernating than for being outdoors. With Hurricane Sandy upon the Tri-State area and many schools and businesses closed for today, maybe even tomorrow in many cases, today is a great time to stay safely inside and focus on that list of things you keep meaning to do.
1. Catch up on all those DVRed shows you keep meaning to watch – at least until the power goes out.
2. Paint your nails – let’s face it they are in desperate need of sprucing up.
3. Get a head start with your Christmas list by shopping online – at least until the power goes out.
4. Finish that book you keep meaning to read, but never get around to (yes, I’m talking to you Les Mis).
5. Eat comfort food – a dangerous pastime when stuck indoors, but oh so fun, especially since you ran out to load up on Halloween candy a few days earlier.
6. Organize your digital photos into a photo book through Snapfish or Shutterfly – at least until the power goes out.
7. Master Angry Birds on your newly charged iPad after the power goes out.
8. Finally tackle that stack of magazines – fitness tips from ten years ago are still valid, right?
9. Look at travel sites and books so you can imagine places you could be instead of inside waiting out a hurricane.
10. Sit at your window and laugh at all the suckers walking around outside – at least until your dog barks to go to the bathroom and then you’re that sucker.
Hope everyone is safe and sound during Frankenstorm! 🙂