There are so many great things about the summer, here are the top ten things I’m looking forward to (although it was hard to choose only ten!):
1. Reading (so stereotypical I know…)! At the beach, at the pool, on the porch, I have a whole pile of fluffy paperbacks waiting for me to tear through.
2. Road trip to Boston. Good friends of ours are getting married in Beantown so my girlfriend and I are packing our bags in a few weeks, hopping in the car, and enjoying a long weekend away from home. I haven’t been to Boston since I was little, so I’m really looking forward to seeing the sights and playing the tourist.
3. Day trip to Brooklyn. I’ve never gotten to experience all that Brooklyn has to offer. From everything I’ve heard it’s filled with art and green spaces and museums and fabulous places to eat. I want to see Prospect Park (they have a disc golf field there!), the Botanical Gardens, and the Brooklyn Art Museum. A perfect day. 🙂
4. Summer TV. Summer is the new Fall for TV series. My nerd SyFy shows like Haven, Warehouse 13, and Eureka begin in July. My favorite dramas The Closer and Rizzoli and Isles fill the absence of my usual favorite dramas like Bones and Grey’s Anatomy. Can’t wait!
5. Summer Blockbusters. As a fan of all things superhero, I’m looking forward to the HUGE line up of great movies that’s coming out this summer like Green Lantern, Captain America and X-Men First Class. Oh yeah!!
6. The beach. I totally heart the beach, although my Jersey shore experience is nothing like the TV show (thank goodness!). I love laying in the sand, reading under a beach umbrella and swimming in the surf.
7. Playing outside. As an avid fan of all things outdoors I love it when the days are long and sunny giving me plenty of time to enjoy my favorite activities.
8. Ice-cream. I love ice-cream but rarely eat it unless it’s 90 degrees or hotter outside. There’s a great homemade ice-cream shop by my house and I’m already dreaming of sitting on a bench and eating that double-scoop.
9. Catching a game. The local minor league baseball team, the Somerset Patriots, is about ten minutes from my home. Tickets are less than $10 and there’s a ton of fun games, food and fanfare to be had. A great way to sit in the sun without breaking the bank!
10. Write, write, write. What better time to work on my writing then the summer?? Grab my laptop and a cool glass of strawberry lemonade and head out to the porch where I can type for hours without feeling that I’m missing out on the gorgeous summer weather.
I’m so excited for the summer. What are you looking forward to this summer?